CONCERNS WE SUPPORT
Our primary goal is to look for and to treat the root cause and to empower our patients with evidence based, personalized wellness.
Functional Medicine as the name implies is a form of evidence based, preventative yet personalized alternative medicine that addresses “dysfunctions” instead of “disease”. The Functional Medicine model of care empowers the patient to make informed and healthy lifestyle choices.
Naturopathic medicine is a regulated, primary health care profession that is based on the healing power of nature and it supports and stimulates the body’s ability to heal itself. Naturopathic Doctors (NDs) integrate natural therapies including: botanical medicine, nutrition, hydrotherapy, homeopathy, naturopathic manipulation, Chinese medicine, acupuncture, lifestyle counselling, health promotion and disease prevention.
Chiropractic, founded in 1845, comes from the Greek words cheir (meaning 'hand') and praktos (meaning 'done'), i.e., "done by hand”. Chiropractic is a patient-centred, non-invasive, hands-on, regulated health care profession focused on your spine, muscles, joints and nervous system.
Homeopathy, founded in 1796, is a holistic, regulated health profession in Ontario, Canada. Homeopathy is based on the principle of "The Law of Similars" (also known as "like cures like") Patients who exhibit symptoms of disease are treated with administration of minute doses of substances to stimulate the individual’s natural healing process in order to restore and maintain health.
Acupuncture is an alternative treatment that uses very thin steel needles inserted into the skin to stimulate specific points in the body. The goal is to relieve a health condition or symptom, such as pain. The practice comes from traditional Chinese medicine. Scientific studies have confirmed its effectiveness for some conditions.
Fullscript is the safest and most convenient way to purchase professional-grade supplements.
The Toronto Integrative and Functional Medicine clinic was founded in 1998. The clinic is conveniently located at the Bathurst Sheppard Main Exchange.
Get the answers to my most frequently asked questions.
- Experience and Credentials: Please review Dr. Mordy Levy, ND, DC, HOM, IMG, BSc about page.
- Direct Lab Pricing: You will enjoy wholesale direct lab pricing (we only charge a $25 admin fee) we work with LifeLabs and DynaCare, and In Common Laboratories.
- Fullscript Dispensary: We don’t sell supplements out of our clinic. You can purchase pharmaceutical grade supplements directly via Fullscript, or at a health food store of your choice.
- Location: Conveniently located in Toronto, Ontario at the Bathurst and Sheppard main exchange
- Free Parking: Free parking above and underground (press #017)
- Background: Established in 2000. Treating well over 5000 patients.
- Approach: Unique integration of Functional Medicine, Naturopathic, Chiropractic, Acupuncture, and Homeopathy all under one roof
We do not offer free consultations.
It is never our intention to “treat” any condition or XYZ diagnosis that our patients present with. The goal of Integrative, Functional and Naturopathic Medicine is to address faulty mechanisms in the patient’s physiology or to remove the “obstacles” of whatever is interfering with their health. We do not go against or replace medical interventions (from tests to treatments) but rather help empower our patients to make informative health decisions. We use evidence based, patient centred, treating the root cause(s) via personalized wellness. These are our clinic’s principles that help direct our care. Nevertheless, patients with the following chronic conditions have reported improvements:
- Digestive Issues (IBS, SIBO, GERD, Crohn’s, Colitis)
- Autoimmune conditions (MS, RA, Hashimotos Thyroiditis, Psoriasis, Celiac Disease)
- Chronic pain, fatigue and Fibromyalgia
- Hormonal Imbalances (PCOS, Menopause, Andropause, Adrenal Fatigue, Irregular periods)
- Cardiovascular and Metabolic Syndrome (Pre-Diabetes, High cholesterol, Idiopathic Hypertension)
- Brain Health and Cognitive decline concerns (brain fog, concentration issues, dementia)
Current Hourly rate is $380
- One Hour appointment is $380
- Half hour appointments are $200
Yes, some of our patients can not visit our clinics due to potential pandemic risks, geographical, disability or other limitations. During your scheduled TeleHealth secure video chat appointment, Dr. Levy will review your past medical history, and ask you pertinent questions and will advise you on next steps.
Naturopathic Medicine, Chiropractic and Homeopathy are typically covered under most extended health insurance plans and benefits. Dr. Mordy Levy, ND, DC, HOM, IMG, BSc is a registered Naturopathic Doctor, Chiropractor and a Homeopath. These services may be covered either partially or entirely under most insurance plans. None of our clinic services are covered under OHIP.
Costs vary depending on the type of tests. We currently work with In-Common Labs, LifeLabs, and DynaCare. Please budget anywhere from $1000 to $1500 for functional lab tests.
Please Note: As a patient in our clinic, you will enjoy wholesale Lab tests at cost. (Patients can pay most lab companies directly (LifeLabs, DynaCare and ICL Labs) This is another cost-saving feature that we implement in our clinic. Functional lab tests are not covered under OHIP, but might be covered under your Health Spending Account (HSA), insurance benefits or extended health care plans.
Please email scanned (PDF) or fax all recent lab results, consult reports and medical imaging reports BEFORE your initial appointment. For your convenience patients can now schedule their appointments and complete the intake form online.
The Latest Research From Our Blog
Follow my blog to learn more on how to optimize your health with personalized wellness
BOOK YOUR APPOINTMENT
Click below to get started and schedule your appointment online.